For your information, a letter was just received announcing that there will be an open Meeting by the Applicant of the development (BSU) for all residents of EENA to provide further details prior to the submission to the City for final approval.
This is a great opportunity to review and discuss the project – there will be NO public officals attending.
A section of the Greenbelt under Veterans Memorial Parkway has been closed because of damage caused by high flows on the Boise River. Flood waters are undercutting the river bank and causing the Greenbelt pavement to buckle and collapse.
Warning signs have been installed to prevent pedestrians from accessing the area, which is on the north side of the river.
Five sections of the Greenbelt have been closed because of high flows on the Boise River.
Areas that have been closed include:
• The tunnel on the south side East Parkcenter Bridge near Bown Crossing
• Loggers Creek footbridge from Leadville Avenue east to the West ParkCenter Bridge in Southeast Boise.
• The Bethine Church River Trail, a gravel section from the Cottonwoods Apartments on Riverstone Lane east to the powerline corridor near East Gossamer Lane in Southeast Boise.
• The Broadway Avenue underpass on the north side of the river near Boise State University.
• The Main Street tunnel on the north side of the river near Bernardine Quinn Riverside Park
The Boise City Historic Preservation Commission will be hosting a workshop to discuss incorporating sustainability elements into the Residential Design Guidelines. Thursday, June 2, 2011, Boise City Hall Council Chambers, 150 N. Capitol Blvd., 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Homeowners, architects, contractors and anyone with an interest are encouraged to attend.