By Meg Roberts
This Saturday, May 11th is the day! 10AM to 2PM. For those that can come at the beginning we will be gathering at the large parking lot on top of Table Rock at 10:00am. The gates will be open so you may bring a vehicle up but the parking lot may fill up fast. If you happen to come later and want to find us, we will be scattered in groups along the SE side of Table Rock, along the trails and cliffs of the Old Quarry. I hope to send a map out by the end of the week or you can check on our Facebook page for Table Rock Restoration Project for details.
Highlights of the day will include:
- 4-5 areas of graffiti scrubbing with graffiti remover
- A hot water pressure washer with 500 gallons of water donated and operated by Tates Rents
- A trash hunt
- Photo shoot for further publicity and possible coverage by the Idaho Statesman
- Input gathered on the design for signs that will be posted at trailheads and graffiti laden areas leading to and around Table Rock.
- Good times had by all!
What to bring:
- Personal protection items: gloves, safety glasses, long sleeves, sunscreen, hat…
- Graffiti remover (purchase at Home Depot or other local hardware stores, some will be provided but more is welcome!)
- Medium and hard bristle brushes
- Trash bags
- A determined attitude… : )
This is an all volunteer effort, please feel free to pass this on! Call or e-mail with questions.
Thank You! and See You There!